Here are this week’s news and events happening in and around the Charlotte, North Carolina area.
- Wednesday, March 21st. Brew House Beer Dinner. Triple C Brewing Co. 7 pm-9 pm. Tickets at http://www.eventbright.com. Bleu Barn Bistro and Triple C Brewery are partnering up to present you the first of multiple brew house dinner series. Join us for a four-course dinner paired with four beers all served in the brewhouse. The evening will start with a brewery tour, appetizers and your first beer pairing of the evening. We will then seat everyone family style inside the brewhouse and continue the food and beer pairings. Bleu Barn Bistro chefs will introduce each course and explain why we paired each course with each beer. The night will be filled with delicious food and beers, mingling with other Charlotte beer lovers, and a little bit of education. Reserve your spot now and buy tickets on our Eventbrite page.
- Wednesday, March 21st Pilot Batch Release Who Wears Short Schwar. Triple C. Brewing Company. 4 pm-9 pm. We have a light bodied, dark German lager ready for Wednesday. Bleu Barn Bistro has dinner covered!!
- Thursday, March 22nd Funky Buddha Release! Duckworth’s Grill and Taphouse Ballantyne. 6 pm-8 pm. Come get Funky with us and our friends at Funky Buddha! We’re celebrating this Florida brewery coming to North Carolina with special tappings & swag giveaways!
Maple Bacon Coffee Porter
Hop Gun IPA
Pineapple Beach Blonde Ale
- Thursday, March 22nd Exploration of Barrel-Aged Beers. Carolina Beer Temple. 6 pm-10 pm. We hope you will join us Thursday, March 22nd in an exploration of barrel-aged beers! We will be offering flights and discounted drafts of 5 fantastic beers of various styles aged in either wine or bourbon barrels. The tap list will include:
Four Saints Brewing Company Chard Omie Wine Barrel-Aged Blonde Ale
Big Boss Brewing Company Tavern Ale Bourbon Barrel-Aged English Ale
Allagash Brewing Company Curieux Bourbon Barrel-Aged Belgian-Style Tripel
River Rat Brewery Wine Barrel-Aged Belgian-Style Quadrupel (2016)
Sugar Creek Brewing Quinn City Bourbon Barrel-Aged Barley Wine
Join us Thursday, March 22nd in an exploration of barrel-aged beers!
- Friday, March 23rd. 6th Anniversary Party! Salud Beer Shop. 6 pm. We’re celebrating our 6th Anniversary with a blowout party at the shop! We’ll have our friends Farmhouse BBQ serving up their delicious eats as well as their very own Vance Lin as the house DJ! We’ll be announcing specialty kegs soon (CBS confirmed so far) as well as a midnight champagne toast! Come help us throw down!
Friday, March 23rd. Evening Joe: Coffee Blonde Release. Catawba Brewing Charlotte. 12 pm-11 pm. Two of the world’s favorite beverages unite in this soul-satisfying, golden-colored coffee beer. Blended with cold-brewed Arabica coffee and natural vanilla flavor, this liquid paradox looks like your evening pint but drinks like your morning cup. Here’s to ending your day as deliciously as it began! Available on draft and 12oz 6 packs
Saturday, March 24th. The 4.5ish Funk Fest (Anniversary Celebration & Renovation Unveiling). The Unknown Brewing Company. 1 pm-10 pm. **OUR BIGGEST EVENT OF THE YEAR AND IT IS FREE THIS YEAR**
This year’s Anniversary celebration is extremely special because in addition to the amazing party we throw every year, this year we will be the unveiling our brand new taproom and rooftop bar with a tremendous view of our beautiful city! We also decided to raise the bar this year with the music. There will be some of the most incredible funk you have ever heard in your entire life…
With Live Performances From…
Empire Strikes Brass
Georgia Soul Council
The Up and Up
Also, to celebrate the event we will be releasing our annual Anniversary Beer 4.5ish that will be a Sour Ale aged in Oak with Green Figs!
Saturday, March 24th. The Force Release-Rum Barrel Aged Belgian Tripel. Triple C Brewing Company. 12 pm-10 pm. Our Rum Barrel Aged Belgian Tripel returns! Stay tuned for release details including bottle limits.
- Sunday, March 25th. Brunchin’ Bluegrass. Triple C Brewing Company. 12 pm-5 pm. Sundays are for Brunchin’ & Bluegrass! Join us for our first Bluegrass Brunch, we’ll be sporting live tunes from Flat Tire Trio all afternoon! Greek Eats food truck will be joining us and serving up everything from hashbrown waffles to Greek avocado croissants! And of course, no brunch is complete without Mimosas for the masses and your favorite Triple C brews!
Bring your bluegrass buddy and help us make a new favorite Sunday tradition!
Bluegrass music is happy music, come get happy 🙂
- Sunday, March 25th. Brunch with Red Clay. Red ClayCiderworks. 12 pm-2 pm. Swing by Red Clay and get your Brunch fix! PepperBox Doughnuts makes their return, and we’ll have Maki Taco on site to satisfy your savory desires!
We’ve also whipped up a special craft cocktail, the “Kiss Me I’m Fitshaced,” in honor of St. Paddy’s Day; 19% white port shaken with pear juice, housemade basil, and tarragon syrups and topped with our Queen City Common semi-dry cider. Wowza!
Don’t delay; when the food runs out, that’s it for the month, so come get your day started in the most delightful way!
- Monday, March 26th. Cookie & Beer Pairing. NoDa Brewing Company. 2 pm-9 pm. Last year’s popular cookie beer series is back (and we’re even canning them this year — Check out the Cookie Inspired Beer Release event for more details on the brews)!
You’ll get a flight of each cookie inspired brew, plus its coordinating cookie (for just $9):
– Samoan Blonde (Blonde Ale)
– Minty Thin (Porter)
– Tagging-a-Long Brown (Brown Ale)
– Lemon Shortbread Kolsch (Kolsch)
By attending this event, you’ll even be doing some good! $1 from every flight purchased will be donated to Girl Scouts, Hornets’ Nest Council.