Here are this week’s new and events happening in and around the Charlotte, NC area.
- Wednesday, March 14th. Ales and Tails Brew Tour: Wooden Robot. Wooden Robot Brewery. 5 pm-7 pm. Pet Wants Charlotte: The Urban Feed Store is bringing back its Ales & Tails Brew Tour for 2018!
We are hitting all the cool spots, bringing you awesome all-natural treats and fresh, uniquely blended food for your pups + kitties.
NEXT STOP: Wooden Robot Brewery on March 14th from 5-7pm. Come hang out with us and support our rescue partner, South of the Bully & Friends, bringing some cute adoptable pups.
Need some extra puppy kisses? Step right up to The Ruff Life, LLCSMpooching booth where kisses and cuddles abound. Continue this stress relieving journey by learning about all the services The Ruff Life has to offer; walking, spa services, daycare, as well as your own personal pet Uber to help you keep up with your pet’s social life. The Ruff Life has personalized services that allow you to manage you and your pet’s needs hassle-free
peaking of #brewdogs, is your pup not keen on your commands? Do you often have to leave them home because they can’t stay out of the “doghouse”? We gotcha covered! KeenDog‘s trainers will be on site. They have many different training package one of which teaches socialization skills and etiquette behavioral training. Bring your pup and meet the team that can make your dog stand out as a “Keen Dog”
Twisted Eats will be on site so bring your appetite!
Percentage of treats, merch and brew sales will be donated to our rescue partner, South of the Bully & Friends.
Follow our Event’s page to get notified of other dates and stops in the series.
- Wednesday, March 14th. Pilot Batch Release – Pack It Out, Robust Porter. Triple C Brewing Company. 4 pm-9 pm. “On a continuous mission to leave the people we meet and the places we go better.” This Robust Porter features more bitter and roasted malt flavor than a brown porter, but not quite as much as a stout. Its caramel and malty sweetness are reminiscent of cocoa and in harmony with the sharp bitterness of black malt. Hop bitterness is evident. Bleu Barn Bistro has dinner covered!!
We will be donating $1 for each beer sold this day to help Kelly reach her fundraising goal while thru-hiking the AT and Hike for Mental Health. If you can’t join us, you can donate here – https://secure.hikeformentalhealth.org/kellyat2018”
- Thursday, March 15th. Discover Fiddlin’ Fish Night. Carolina Beer Temple. 6 pm-10 pm. Join us Thursday, March 15th at the Carolina Beer Temple when we will host a Discover Fiddlin’ Fish Night. Not only will we be featuring flights and discounted drafts of four (4) Fiddlin’ Fish Brewing Company beers all day, but rumor has it that Jordan Linger (remember that guy?!) will be by representing the brewery too!
The tap list is still TBD so stay tuned!
We hope to see you on Thursday, March 15th at our Discover Fiddlin’ Fish Night!
- Thursday, March 15th. Hook Line & Heroes Irish Stout Night. Catawba Brewing Co. Charlotte. 6 pm-10 pm. Come kick off March Madness and St. Patricks Day weekend while supporting a local non-profit. $1 of every pint sold of Hook Line & Heroes Irish Stout goes towards supporting veterans in and around Charlotte. Drop by to have a pint and learn more about us!
- Friday, March 16th. St. Paddy’s Day Weekend Party. VBGB (Very Big German Beer). 8 pm-10:30 pm. Left Hand Brewing and Jameson Irish Whiskey are teaming up with VBGB’s in Charlotte, NC for an awesome weekend of St. Paddy’s Day fun! Specials on both Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro and Jameson products all weekend long!!! Also, Irish Cow-Bomb shot specials (a shot of Jameson dropped into a delicious glass of Nitro Milk Stout!) Left Hand will be there Friday, March 16th from 8-10:30 pm giving out St. Paddy’s Day schwag so make sure you swing by for a pint!
- Saturday, March 17th. St. Patrick’s Day in LoSo. The Olde Mecklenburg Brewery. 11 am-11 pm. Charlotte’s most diverse selection of locally produced beverages is the destination for a good time on St. Paddy’s… Lower Southend & OMB are ready for green attire, festive music and lots of delicious food and drink on March 17th! At OMB, relax under the trees in our Biergarten with our spring seasonal: Früh Bock. Früh Bock captures the promise of warmer days ahead, combining a slight malty sweetness with a refreshing touch of citrus aroma from its noble Bavarian hops. Your year-round favorites will also be on tap including Copper Altbier, Captain Jack Pilsner, Hornet’s Nest Hefeweizen & Fat Boy Baltic Porter. Don’t forget – our new 1 Liter steins will be available!
Expect festive food specials – More details coming soon!
We’ll also have live music all-day, including Rock Onyx (plays classics like Styx, Boston, Blue Öyster Cult, etc.).
This is a free event. Under 21 are welcome at OMB. Pets are welcome outside in our Biergarten.
To learn more about our neighbor’s parties, visit LoSo’s new Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/golosoclt/
- Saturday, March 17th. ShamRocks and Shenanigans. Sugar Creek Brewing. 11 am-11 pm. Mark your calendars for St Patrick’s Day with us here at Sugar Creek Brewing. We’ll kick it off with LIVE Music, Stout specials and a costume contest for the most outrageous St Pats themed costume at 2pm! The full-service Patio Bar and Tap Room will be filled with St Pats themed music all day long and we’ll be pouring $4 stouts.
- Saturday, March 17th. Dry Irish Nitro Stout Release. Triple C Brewing Company. 12 pm-10 pm. We have a Dry Irish Stout on the Nitro tap for St. Patty’s! Join us for a pint or two and live music from Hunter’s Travesty and New Wrap Order food!!
- Sunday, March 18th. Ales and Tails Brew Tour: Birdsong Brewing. Birdsong Brewing. 12 pm-5 pm. Pet Wants Charlotte: The Urban Feed Store is bringing back its Ales & Tails Brew Tour for 2018!
We are hitting all the cool spots, bringing you awesome all-natural treats and fresh, uniquely blended food for your pups + kitties. A percentage of treat sales will be donated to fresh food to the rescue by Pet Wants!
NEXT STOP: Birdsong Brewing Co. on March 18th from 1-5pm. Come hang out with us and support our rescue partner, Great Dane Friends of Ruff Love, bringing some cute adoptable pups.
Speaking of #brewdogs, is your pup not keen on your commands? Do you often have to leave them home because they can’t stay out of the “doghouse”? We gotcha covered! KeenDog‘s trainers will be on site. They have many different training packages one of which teaches socialization skills and etiquette behavioral training. Bring your pup and meet the team that can make your dog stand out as a “Keen Dog”
**Birdsong will be donating a percentage of all their in-house beer sold for the entire day, this includes pints, flights, and small pours! Come out and support local and get all the puppy kisses you can take!
Follow our Event’s page to get notified of other dates and stops in the series.
- Sunday, March 18th. Stone Table Dinner at Catawba Brewing Company Charlotte. Catawba Brewing Company Charlotte. 6 pm-9 pm. Tickets at Eventbrite. Catawba Brewing Company continues its immensely popular Culinary Series with Chef Matthew Sganga of Stone Table (Monroe, NC) on March 18 at 6:00PM. The event will benefit The Arc of Union/Cabarrus. Newbill Of Health Urban Farms will also collaborate on the event. Join your neighbors for a top quality dining experience inside Catawba’s beautiful new private event center: The Barrel Room at Catawba Brewing. Guests will enjoy five fabulous pairings based on the best ingredients available from local farmers and artisans have chosen by Chef Matthew. An appetizer course will be served in an interactive cocktail party setting with a casual tour of the brewhouse. Following the tour, guests will be seated family style for four courses, each paired with a different craft beer. A generous portion of the proceeds from this event will benefit The Arc of Union/Cabarrus to provide programs and services in both Union County and Cabarrus County to individuals with developmental disabilities and their families. With your ticket purchase, The Arc will continue to protect the rights of people with developmental disabilities and support their full inclusion in the community.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
Yes. 21 and older.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
- Tuesday, March 20th. Devils Backbone Beer Dinner. Rí Rá Charlotte. 7 pm- 9 pm. Tickets at http://www.freshtix.com. Join us for a delicious 5-course dinner paired with some of Devils Backbone’s flagship brews. The dinner will include:
Welcome Beer – Gold Leaf Lager
1st Course – Smoked Salmon Crostini – Smoked Salmon, lemon aioli, capers, and pickled red onions served on a crostini – Paired w/ Vienna Lager
2nd Course – Citrus Salad – Mixed Greens, mandarin oranges, red grapes, grapefruit, and toasted walnuts tossed in cranberry vinaigrette – paired w/ Cran-Gose
3rd Course – Eight Point IPA Mussels – Mussels Steamed with Devil’s Backbone Eight Point IPA, garlic, butter, shallots, and fresh herbs – Paired w/ Sixteen Point IPA
4th Course – Rack of Lamb Consommé – Rack of Lamb, potatoes, leeks, onions, carrots, fresh herbs with Irish stew consommé – Paired w/ Reilly’s Irish Red
5th Course – Chocolate & Smoked Butterscotch Bread Pudding – Chocolate custard soaked brioche bread with a bourbon butterscotch sauce and smoked sea salt – Paired w/ Danzig Baltic Porter