Here are this week’s news and events happening in and around the Charlotte, North Carolina area.
- Wednesday, February 28th Welcome Ponysaurus Brewing Company! Temple Mojo. 12 pm-10 pm. Come out to Temple Mojo Growler Shop as we spotlight and introduce Ponysaurus Brewing from Durham, NC for the very first time! There will be four taps (TBD) dedicated to their delicious beer along with a brewery representative to answer questions about their brewery and their beers!
- Wednesday, February 28th Sugar Creek Beer Dinner. Kid Cashew. 7 pm-9 pm. Sugar Creek Beer Dinner – Wednesday, February 28th 7p $50 per person $90 per couple. Check out Sugar Creek Brewing’s Facebook page for more information.
- Thursday, March 1st. Fresh Thursday: Sour Edition! Lenny Boy Brewing Co. 4 pm-9 pm. On Thursday, March 1st, we will be releasing not one, but TWO sour ales!
This is a Golden American sour aged in reused Rose` barrels rested on NC Plums (Damsons) from Moretz’s Mtn Orchard for 8 months. We then blended it with a wild culture and our house ale yeast.
The end result is a crisp refreshing funky sour that finishes with some oak notes and hints of tart plums that make your lips pucker up.
This is a Golden American sour aged in Pinot wine barrels on North Carolina Scuppernongs for 6 months. We then blended it with a wild culture and our house ale yeast.
This sour ale has a big funk note with a mild sourness, but still tart and finishing with an oaky note!
These sour ales have been deemed some of the best we have ever created! Come give these a try yourself and let us know what you think! #lennylenny
The Hunter’s Wife will be providing us with their delicious food all night!
- Thursday, March 1st Happy Hour and Private Brewery Tour. Catawba Brewing Co. Charlotte. 6 pm-8 pm. Tickets at http://www.alumni.JMU.edu. Interested in seeing one of the hottest new breweries in Charlotte? Come join fellow Dukes for a behind-the-scenes tour at Catawba’s new location to enjoy some quality happy hour beverages accompanied by an onsite food truck! Catawba staff have generously agreed to provide our alumni friends with a tour of the brewery beginning at 6:30 p.m. Hope to see you there!
- Friday, March 2nd. Peanut Butter Jelly Time Release. Catawba Brewing Co. 12 pm-11 pm. You know what time it is.
- Friday, March 2nd. Mother Earth Brewing Girl Scout Cookie Pairing! Trackside Crafts. 5 pm-10 pm. Just wait until you have these cookies paired with unique beers from Mother Earth Brewing Co.! Kit from Trackside & Melissa from Mother Earth are setting up the pairings, and you won’t be disappointed. We will also have a real girl scout on hand to guilt you into buying more cookies, too. She’s adorable…I dare you to attempt escape without buying more cookies. 😉
- Saturday, March 3rd. Hop Cakes Vs. Honey Pie: Battle of the DIPAs. Carolina Beer Temple Ayrsley. 12 pm-11:59 pm. Come one, come all to the battle of the century! Two of Charlotte’s heavy hitters face off this Saturday, March 3rd, here at the Carolina Beer Temple at Ayrsley.
In the Golden corner, we have Birdsong’s Honey Pie DIPA, AKA ” Heaven in a Glass”. This DIPA is brewed with locally sourced honey. Weighing in at 8.9% abv Honey Pie floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee!
And in the Amber corner, we have Noda’s Hop Cakes! Weighing in at 10.2% and brewed with Vermont maple syrup. This smooth DIPA has been known to knock it’s opponents out cold.
Vote for your favorite contender and be entered into a raffle for prizes from each brewery!
- Saturday, March 3rd. Lenny Boy Q and Brew: Texas Style BBQ (& Tropicalus can release.) Lenny Boy Brewing Co. 12 pm- 9pm.
- Monday, March 5th. Früh Bock Release. Olde Mecklenburg Brewery. 11 am-10 pm. Früh is “bock” on March 5th! Join us for the release of our spring seasonal.
“Früh” (pron. “froo”) means “early” in German, and is also short for “Frühling,” meaning “spring.” Our seasonal “Spring Bock” captures the promise of warmer days ahead, combining a slight malty sweetness with a refreshing touch of citrus aroma from its noble Bavarian hops. The result is an amazingly fresh, crisp beer that masks a higher alcohol content in its smooth character. Big bodied and warm enough for chilly evenings, but bright and aroma-hop forward enough to compliment beers on the patio. Like all OMB beers, it is all-natural — brewed in strict accordance with the famous German beer purity law of 1516: the “Reinheitsgebot.”
Früh Bock: Full-bodied, yet smooth and refreshing. Perfect for spring!
Under 21 are welcome at OMB. Pets are welcome outside in our Biergarten.