Here is this week’s news and happenings in and around the Charlotte, NC area.
- Wednesday, February 21st New South Kitchen & Bar. Legion Brewing Beer Dinner. 7 pm-9 pm. Join us February 21st for a beer dinner featuring local brewery Legion Brewing! The four-course tasting menu will be paired with beers from Charlotte’s very own Legion Brewing.
All-inclusive tickets and full menu available online
- Wednesday, February 21st Triple C. Pilot Batch Release – Ekuanot IPA. 4 pm-9 pm. An All Ekuanot hopped 5.2% IPA! Bleu Barn Bistro has dinner covered!!
- Thursday, February 22nd legion Brewing Tap Takeover. Carolina Beer Temple. 6 pm-10 pm. Join us Thursday (Feb. 22) for the Legion BrewingTap Takeover! We will be featuring several tasty beers from them and discounted pints and flights will be available all day long! The tap list is still being determined so please stay tuned! See you at the Temple!
- Thursday, February 22nd D & V Belgian Beer Night. Trackside Crafts. 6 pm-10 pm. D&V Imports is coming to town, and we’ll be tapping a few of their specialty Belgian ales to wow your senses! More details to come…
- Friday, February 23th CHP Tap takeover: Hi-Wire Brewing. Custom Home Pubs. 6 pm-9 pm. We’re excited to announce our first tap takeover of the year featuring Hi-Wire Brewing out of Asheville. $15 covers unlimited samples of 12 different drafts and a pint glass to keep!
CHP Tap Takeover: Hi-Wire Brewing
Friday, Feb. 23 6-9pm
Custom Home Pubs
1640 Sardis Rd. N#120
Charlotte, NC 28270
1. Hi-Wire Lager – 4.6% This true American lager is as approachable as it is delicious, a perfect balance of light Pilsen malt and German hops. Extensively lagered until the beer reaches peak maturity, this lager is your handcrafted option when only a refreshing, light beer will do.
2. Bed of Nails Brown Ale – 6.1% Bed of Nails is crafted as an American ode to a traditional English brown. A light hop addition balances the natural sweetness present in the specialty malt. This beer’s delicate body and dry finish allow flavors of toffee and dark fruit to shine through.
3. Hi-Pitch Mosaic IPA -6.75% A balanced Western North Carolina IPA with bright citrus and tropical fruit aromas. Expect big grapefruit, tangerine and subtle melon flavors from the chorus of Mosaic & Centennial hops to balance out the malt in this dank & drinkable ale.
4. Lo-Pitch Juicy IPA – 4.9% This thirst quenching, easy drinking IPA packs a bright citrus hop punch. Juicy American hops and a light malt bill make Lo-Pitch™ the perfect pairing for sandy shores, mountain tops, or your bestie’s birthday party.
5. Hi-Wire Gose – 4.2% Brewed with Pink Himalayan Salt, this Gose is tart, supremely drinkable and balanced with a complex fruit character. Crisp citrus and lemon-lime from coriander marry with our house Lactobacillus strain, creating subtle notes of stone fruit and apricot in this hazy, sessionable sour wheat beer.
6. Death Defying IPA – 6% Our Seasonal India Pale Ale is easy drinking, hoppy, and smooth. Malted oats soften the satisfying bite of dank, piney, and tropical Eureka and El Dorado creating the perfect beer to assist in your quest from winter to spring.
7. Strongman Coffee Milk Stout – 5.3% Inspired by our head brewer’s cafe con leche-fueled travels in Key West. Local coffee from Dynamite Roasting Co. is cold-extracted and added post fermentation to this sweet, creamy beer.
8. Twice as Nice Doppelbock – 10% Inspired by a traditional German doppelbock, Twice as Nice is a robust dark lager. Despite its full flavor and high alcohol, this beer was lagered for more than 8 weeks to make it light on the palate and incredibly smooth. Expect Vienna and Munich malt to contribute subtle flavors of fig, plum, and chocolate to this big yet easy-drinking beer.
9. Cherry Flanders Red – 6.2% Rested on 18lbs per barrel of cherries for 18 months in red and white wine barrels this ruby red sour ale displays huge notes of cherry, dark fruit, vanilla, and oak before finishing dry.
10. Brett IPA – 7.2% Transport to a tropical barnyard as huge notes of candied lemon and juicy green grass from Mosaic, Hallertau Blanc, and Citra hops expands your senses. A phenolic bitterness from Brettanomyces that’s been stressed to its limit makes the bed (hammock) in which your taste buds lay in this 100% Brett fermented IPA.
11. 10W-40 – 8% 10W-40 is an imperial stout brewed with coffee from Dynamite Roasting Co., chocolate from French Broad Chocolates and vanilla.
12. Pulcinella Barrel-Aged Russian Imperial Stout – 9% Our Russian Imperial Stout was aged for 10 months on a variety of hand-selected Napa Valley Zinfandel, Kentucky bourbon, and Crucian dark rum barrels before being blended to build complexity in this illustrious stout. This perfect blend of barrels imparts big roast and molasses character paired with notes of chocolate and vanilla to create a creamy beer with huge flavors.
We’re also starting a CHP Dart League this spring (Monday evenings, 2-person teams $40/team) which starts on Monday, Feb. 19th (50% off all drafts all Monday also starts on the 19th). If you are interested in signing up a team visit: https://www.customhomepubs.com/events/chp-dart-league/
We appreciate your business!
Custom Home Pubs
1640 Sardis Rd. N#120
Charlotte NC 28270
- Friday, February 23th Pint Night #2 with Foothills Brewing. Mac’s Speed Shop Matthews, NC. 7 pm-9 pm. Did you miss our first Pint Night with Foothills Brewing? Don’t worry! They are back again!!
- Saturday, February 24th Winter Warmer Festival. Lenny Boy Brewing Co. 10 am-11 pm. We all know Charlotte is a confusing place to be for Winter. One day it is 8 degrees and the next its 60 degrees. One thing we do know: drinking makes things better no matter what the temperature is.
That’s why we are hosting our Winter Warmer Festival. Let’s celebrate this season with some of our favorite Winter beverages.
Here’s what we have in store:
1. A WHOLE bunch of beer. We are tapping:
– The last reserved keg of our Doppelbock, our Gold Medal Winner of the 2017 NC Brewers Cup and Gold Medal Winner of Beer Army 2017 & 2018, at 3 PM
– Vanilla Ground Up Coffee Stout, at 6 PM
– A reserved Keg of Bourbon Barrel Aged Chocolate Covered Raisins
– The LAST keg of Burn Down For What
-Russian Imperial Stout aged in Doc Porter’s Distillery Barrels
-7.0. Quad aged in Heaven Hill Barrels
– Plus, some of our Winter favorites will be on tap: Breakfast in Heaven, Elliot Smoked Stout, Burn Down Brown, and Ground Up Coffee Stout
2. Free S’mores by our fire pit (while supplies last)
3. Live music from Thom Crumpton from 3 – 6 PM
4. Appalachia Cookie Company will have their delicious cookies available from 12 – 3 PM
5. The Hunter’s Wife will be on-site to satisfy your hunger
This event will be going ALL DAY, so grab your friends and let’s have a good time.
- Saturday, February 24th Rare & Hard to Find Beer Event. Temple Mojo. 9 am-11 pm. Join us at Temple Mojo Growler Shop for our Rare & Hard-to-Find Craft Beer Event! Our tap list manager, Zak, has been hard at work seeking out rare & hard-to-find brews to put on tap for this special event! We will be featuring beers from breweries rarely seen in the Charlotte area, as well as hard-to-find brews from some of your local favorite breweries. Growler fills and flights will be available all day for all of these brews!
And we will be offering FREE FOOD (while supplies last) starting at 5PM from our good friends at Moe’s Original BBQ – Matthews, NC!
Stay tuned to Facebook, Instagram or TapHunter as we announce our tap list in the days leading up to the event!
You don’t want to miss this opportunity to try some great, hard-to-find craft brews! We’ll see you Saturday, Feb 24th!
Saturday, February 24th Cigar City Brewing & Oskar Blues Tapping Event. Duckworth’s Grill & Taphouse Uptown. 3 pm-6 pm. Go for The Gold this Olympic weekend… Mama Lil Yella Pils Gold! We’re joining forces with Oskar Blues & Cigar City to tap some delicious beers and give away some crazy good swag! Oskar Blues snowboard or Cigar City backpack, anyone?!
Beers subject to change:
White Oak Jai Alai
Cafe Con Leche
Mama’s Lil Yella Pils
Don’t miss this special event!
- Monday, February 26th Rainbow Dust IPA Release. Sycamore Brewing. 4 pm-10 pm. Bursting with six rare hop varietals from around the world. Bright, tropical, pure magic in a can.
- Tuesday, February 27th Founders Solid Gold Lager Tapping. Duckworth’s Grill & Taphouse Uptown. 6 pm-8pm. Join us as we tap the new Founders beer Solid Gold Lager! Be one of the first to sample this new Solid Gold Lager BEFORE it hits the market.
We’ll also be giving away TWO Founders coolers!
- Tuesday, February 27th NoDable Release: Passion Fruit Gose. NoDa Brewing Company. 4 pm-9 pm. Every single week, we release a brand new “NoDable” beer on Tuesday! This week’s new brew is a passion fruit Gose. Hit “INTERESTED” or “GOING” on this event to get more details on the hop as they come! While you’re here, be sure to try a few of our 25+ brews and some TIN Kitchen for dinner. And, don’t forget you can take this week’s NoDable and many of our other beers to-go in a crowler!