Here are this Week’s news and events happing in and around the Charlotte, NC area.
- Friday, February 9th River’s Edge Craft Dinner U.S. National Whitewater Center-Wooden Robot. 6:30 pm-9 pm. Ticket info USNWC.org. Join us at River’s Edge for Craft Dinner, taking place Friday evenings from December 1st through February 9th. Enjoy a five-course dinner created by Executive Chef Michael Rayfield with a 6 oz. beer pairing for each course. Each night will feature a different regional brewery including New Sarum Brewing Company, Legion Brewing, Triple C Brewing Co., Sycamore Brewing, Highland Brewing Company, Legal Remedy Brewing Co., Birdsong Brewing Company, Lenny Boy Brewing Co., Sugar Creek Brewing Company, Wooden Robot Brewery.
Location: U.S. National Whitewater Center
Brewery: Wooden Robot Brewery
Price: $60 per person
Time: 6:30 -9:00 pm
Registration closes the day prior to each event at midnight
Vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options are available. Please select your dietary preference after selecting a date for registration.
Suitable for ages 21 and up
UPGRADE: CHEF’S TABLE
Upgraded experience featuring a chef-prepared meal inside the kitchen
Interact directly with the Chef to learn how each dish is created, how ingredients are sustainably sourced, and receive a kitchen tour
Price: $70 per person
Time: 6:30 -9:00 pm
- Saturday, February 10th Chocolate Covered Pretzel Stout Release. Triple C Brewing Company. 12 pm-10 pm. Bourbon Barrel Aged Chocolate Covered Pretzel Stout is back just in time for Valentines Day! We are bringing back the Coconut Variant and have a new Cinnamon and Cayenne Pepper variant! All three will be on draft and in bombers.
Limits – 6/3/3 per customer while they last!!
- Saturday, February 10th Juice Willis Can Release. Sycamore Brewing. 12 pm-11 pm. Welcome to the party, pal! Blast off on a Nelson and Galaxy hop juice ride! Juice Willis is heading for cans!
- Saturday, February 10th IPA Series Release #2 Turn To Stone IPA. Birdsong Brewing Company Remember the release of Sexy Hop IPA on our 6 year anniversary this past December? Well, that was the first beer in our brand new IPA series & we’re ready to release #2, “Turn to Stone” IPA w/ Medusa Hops! Check out the description below:
Wild, innovative, and a first for Charlotte Turn to Stone IPA utilizes an entirely new species of hop called Medusa™. With a simple malt bill, we let the hop shine so you can experience the bright aromatics of melon and guava with a light bitterness that leaves a clean and pleasant finish.
Turn to Stone will be released in the taproom on Saturday, February 10th. Draught & cans will go on sale at 12pm. Cans will be limited & first come first serve. Cheers!
- Monday, February 12th Beer and Chocolate Pairing. Catawba Brewing Company Charlotte. 6:30 pm-7:30 pm. Tickets at Eventbrite.com. indulge in different chocolates paired with a flight of Catawba Beer.
Ticket includes a flight of Catawba Beer which consists of 4 different pours. It also includes 4 different chocolates, one to pair with each beer. Learn how the beer and chocolate were made and why the flavors compliment each other. Experience, Learn and Socialize.
Additional beer and chocolate will be available for purchase.
Please be advised some chocolate contains nuts.
Limited tickets available. Tickets will not be available for purchase onsite. All taxes and fees included in ticket price. Must be 21 to attend.
- Tuesday, February 13th Birdsong Local Beer & Dessert Paring! Birdsong Brewing Company. 7:30 pm-8:30 pm. Sure, there are plenty of “romantic” things to do around Valentine’s Day but how about a friendly local beer & dessert pairing?
We decided to take our favs from a few local area bakeries & pair them with some of our favorite cold weather brews from the season! It was hard work coming up with the pairings, but somehow we managed & we think you’ll be delighted! Join us on February 13th at 7:30pm for this special 4-course pairing! This pairing is for EVERYONE! $30 tickets are ONLY AVAILABLE ONLINE IN ADVANCE via Eventbrite here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/birdsong-beer-dessert-pairing-tickets-42127290861
No tickets will be sold the day of or at the door. Tickets are also limited so please book in advance. The menu is posted below, cheers!
This collaboration would not have been possible without Amélie’s French Bakery & Café, Central Coffee Co., FuManChu Cup Cakes, & Golden Cow Creamery!