Here are this week’s happenings in and around the Charlotte, NC area.
- Thursday, February 1st Birdsong Brewing Co. Buffalo Trace Turtles on Pterodactyls. 3 pm-10 pm It’s not every day that we release a 4-pack of barrel aged yumminess! Join us on 2/1 for the release of Buffalo Trace Turtles of Pterodactyls! In case you aren’t familiar, Turtles on Pterodactyls is our beloved Mexicali Stout aged in bourbon barrels! This year Mexicali was aged in Buffalo Trace Distillery bourbon barrels and will be offered in cans instead of bottles! We’ll be releasing it on draught & in 16oz can 4-packs at 3pm on 2/1!
- Friday, February 2nd U.S. National Whitewater Center. Rivers Edge Craft Dinner with Sugar Creek Brewing Co. 6:30 pm-9 pm Tickets at USNWC.org. Join us at River’s Edge for Craft Dinner, taking place Friday evenings from December 1st through February 9th. Enjoy a five-course dinner created by Executive Chef Michael Rayfield with a 6 oz. beer pairing for each course. Each night will feature a different regional brewery including New Sarum Brewing Company, Legion Brewing, Triple C Brewing Co., Sycamore Brewing, Highland Brewing Company, Legal Remedy Brewing Co., Birdsong Brewing Company, Lenny Boy Brewing Co., Sugar Creek Brewing Company, Wooden Robot Brewery.
Location: U.S. National Whitewater Center
Brewery: Sugar Creek Brewing
Price: $60 per person
Time: 6:30 -9:00 pm
Registration closes the day prior to each event at midnight
Vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options are available. Please select your dietary preference after selecting a date for registration.
Suitable for ages 21 and up
UPGRADE: CHEF’S TABLE
Upgraded experience featuring a chef-prepared meal inside the kitchen
Interact directly with the Chef to learn how each dish is created, how ingredients are sustainably sourced, and receive a kitchen tour
Price: $70 per person
Time: 6:30 -9:00 pm
- Friday, February 2nd Catawba Brewing Co. Charlotte. King Coconut Release 12 pm-11 pm Western North Carolina’s original coconut beer returns for the 14th year! It was 2004 when Catawba brewers had the stroke of genius to age a rich chocolatey porter on oven-toasted coconut. And this silky smooth “candy bar in a can” has continued to be a crowd favorite every year since, with many a luau held in its honor. King Coconut Porter has traditionally seen a limited summer release to celebrate its tropical side. But in 2018 we’re moving it up to late winter, as an appetizer course before our PB&J release. Because it’s always a good time for liquid dessert!
- Saturday, February 3rd Trackside Crafts Nugget Nectar Firkin. 12 pm-10 pm. We are fortunate to have a firkin of Troegs’ excellent Nugget Nectar this year! We’ll tap it, along with a keg of the 2015 Mad Elf. It ages wonderfully, and we’ll have more from Troegs to be featured as well. Don’t miss out on this special cask! Like our page, and follow us on Instagram & Twitter, too!
- Sunday, February 4th. Legion Brewing Release Why So Cereal 10 am-8 pm You’ve been waiting patiently… now join us for the release of “Why So Cereal”, our Cinnamon Toast Crunch Blonde Ale in collaboration withCharlotteFive and Queen City Brewers Festival!
We will be serving up some fun Cinnamon Toast Crunch brunch items to enjoy with your pint full of Saturday morning goodness!
Thanks to Dave McClure for this awesome name- “Why So Cereal” will be available on tap and in crowlers to-go!
- Tuesday, February 6th The Casual Pint Troegs Nugget Nectar First Squeeze Event. 6 pm- 8pm. Once a year, as the new hop harvest arrives at Tröegs, we blend super-fresh Nugget, Palisade and Simcoe hops into this Imperial Amber Ale. Excessively dry-hopped, Nugget Nectar is an explosion of pine, resin and mango. Also on tap, some of Troegs R&D Room SCRATCH brews!!