Here are this week new and happening in and around the Charlotte, NC area.
- Thursday, January 18th Belgian Single Release. Catawba Brewing Co. Charlotte 3 pm-10 pm. Passport beer #2 hails from the region of waffles, french fries, and (of course) beer. This golden Belgian Single is full of fruity flavors with an aroma of bananas and bubblegum!! Come grab a glass and take a trip across the ocean with us!
- Friday, January 19th U.S. National Whitewater Center 6:30 pm-9 pm. River’s Edge Craft Dinner: Birdsong Brewing Co. Ticket info USNWC.org. Join us at River’s Edge for Craft Dinner, taking place Friday evenings from December 1st through February 9th. Enjoy a five-course dinner created by Executive Chef Michael Rayfield with a 6 oz. beer pairing for each course. Each night will feature a different regional brewery including New Sarum Brewing Company, Legion Brewing, Triple C Brewing Co., Sycamore Brewing, Highland Brewing Company, Legal Remedy Brewing Co., Birdsong Brewing Company, Lenny Boy Brewing Co., Sugar Creek Brewing Company, Wooden Robot Brewery.
Location: U.S. National Whitewater Center
Brewery: Birdsong Brewing Co.
Price: $60 per person
Time: 6:30 -9:00 pm
Registration closes the day prior to each event at midnight
Vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options are available. Please select your dietary preference after selecting a date for registration.
Suitable for ages 21 and up
UPGRADE: CHEF’S TABLE
Upgraded experience featuring a chef-prepared meal inside the kitchen
Interact directly with the Chef to learn how each dish is created, how ingredients are sustainably sourced, and receive a kitchen tour
Price: $70 per person
Time: 6:30 -9:00 pm
- Friday, January 19th Charlotte Restaurant Week Craft Beer Dinner NoDa Brewing Co., hosted by NoDa and Tin Kitchen. 5 pm-10 pm. Ticket info at NoDabrewing.com
- Friday, January 19th Flat Brim Hazy IPA V2 Release. Triple C Brewing Co. 4 pm-10 pm. Flat Brim V2 is packed with even more oats and Lupulin Powder this time around! Draft and Growlers. Bleu Barn Bistro has dinner covered!
- Saturday, January 20th Legion Brewing Maple Canyon Release 10 am-11 pm. It’s back… “Maple Canyon”, our Maple Brown Ale, will be returning to our taproom on January 20th! This sticky, sweet beauty is one of our most highly requested beers- so we are throwing a party to celebrate its return!
We are serving up our Maple Canyon Brunch menu from 10AM-1PM, and pouring Maple Canyon Ice Cream Floats (with Root Beer Floats for the little ones!) starting at Noon!
Maple Canyon Waffle
Belgian Waffle with a Maple Canyon Chocolate Reduction and Housemade Chantilly Cream. Served with Candied Bacon.
Cage-FreeScrambled Eggs, Bacon, Jalapeno, Salsa, Avocado on a bed of Smoked Cheddar Grits.
Garden Veggie Frittata
Cage Free Eggs, Zucchini, Onion, Red Pepper, Tomato, Spinach, Gruyere, and Provolone.
Southwest Breakfast Burrito
Cage-Free Scrambled Eggs, Chorizo, Avocado, Jalapeno, Salsa, Smoked Cheddar pressed in a Spinach Tortilla.
Live Music Line Up:
The Locals Noon-3PM
David Childers and the Serpents 4-7PM
The Velcrows 8-11PM
About “Maple Canyon”…This ale boasts a roasty, nutty aroma that paves the way for notes of chocolate and coffee. A heaping addition of real Vermont Maple Syrup adds significant sweetness and a creamy mouthfeel. Perfect to sip around the firepit!
- Saturday, January 20th B. MacKaye’s Hell Raisin’ Scotch Ale Release Party Blue Blaze Brewing. 12 pm-10 pm. We are so excited to release one of our favorite beers: B. MacKaye’s Hell Raisin’ Scotch Ale, named after the legacy and legend of Benton MacKaye. MacKaye was the visionary and conceptual founder of the Appalachian Trail as well as an American forester, planner, and conservationist. His social activist group, the Hell Raisers, was comprised of the people, politicians, and members of the media who rallied around MacKaye’s social and conservationist platform and ideals. B. MacKaye’s Hell Raisin’ Scotch Ale is a dark, malty brew. At 7.7% ABV, burnt caramel character breathes life into a rich and dominant sweet malt flavor finishing with mossy, peaty hoppiness that is so characteristic of Scotch Ales. This beer is hard to put down and may cause you to do some hell-raisin’ of your own. With each purchase of B. MacKaye’s Hell Raisin’ Scotch Ale, one dollar will be donated to the Appalachian Trail Conservancy and you will receive a raffle ticket to win free play at Lumberjack, Charlotte’s first ax throwing facility! Channel your flannel and challenge your friends to log tossing, keg crawls, and other fun lumberjack ax-periences throughout the day. If you work up an appetite, you can indulge in our free flapjack pancake bar from 2:00 – 5:00. To top it all off, we’re partnering with our friends at Lumberjack to host a tap takeover on January 27th! Stay tuned for more info! Would you like to further support the Appalachian Trail Conservancy? You can donate here: https://donate.appalachiantrail.org/default.aspx?tsid=7638
- Saturday, January 20th Queen City Blues Can Release. Lenny Boy Brewing Co. 11 am-10 pm.Paint the city blue, pucker up, and groove. Queen City Blues is a LIMITED release in cans! Cans will be available in the taproom, so swing by and grab a $12.99 four-pack, no limit. Haven’t gotten the blues yet? This Kettle Sour Ale thrives with copious amounts of blueberries. If you love berries and good times, this wild ale was made for you.
Your Moms Donuts will also be serving up their drool-worthy donuts from 12 – 3 PM 🍩
- Monday, January 22nd Charlotte Resturant Week Craft Beer Dinner with NoDa Brewing Co. and Tin Kitchen at NoDa Brewery. 5 pm-9 pm. Ticket info at NoDabrewing.com
- Tuesday, January 23rd Bold Missy Brewery West Coast IPA Release and Beach Party. 5 pm-9 pm. Did you know that our Head Brewer and our Head Wheeler/Dealer have the same birthday? What better way to celebrate these two ladies than by releasing a delicious new beer? Come celebrate with Carli and Heather as we debut our new West Coast IPA, Surf Star! This tasty brew is inspired by Mary Ann Hawkins, a champion surfer, and Hollywood stuntwoman.
Tropical shirts aren’t required, but are highly encouraged!
- Tuesday, January 23rd Wicked Weed Beer Dinner Harvey’s Cornelius NC. 6:45 pm-8:45 pm. We are pretty sure you’ve heard of our Beer Dinners, and we are certain you have heard of WICKED WEED Brewery in Asheville, but never have you had the two together. Come check out some great beers you can’t get every day in Charlotte and enjoy them paired with food you can’t get without the chef Trio, Josh McCracken, Oscar Lorenzo and Charlie Dyer. Combined Southwestern and Cajun country with Chicago and Charleston along with French cuisine and we can pretty much go anywhere with food. Come join us for a great night out with friends and meet some new folks as we seat everyone together. #h2style #beerdinner #wickedweed #harveys $35 bucks and it includes 5 beers from Wicked Weed with their folks on site to tell you about the beers and 4-course dinner pairing with our chefs to explain the food and the why’s behind the pairing. #craft #craftbeer #goodeats Sign up now!
If would like to be entered in a drawing for free Beer Dinner ticket, Post a pic of you at Harvey’s with a draft beer pic and #h2style on our page and we will enter you in a drawing that we will do at the end of the month for FREE BEER DINNER TICKET! Harvey’s, Your neighborhood hangout!