Here are this weeks news and events happening in and around the Charlotte, NC area.
- Thursday, January 4th 2 pm-11 pm Legion Brewing Release of Winnie The Brew. We are bringing back one of your favorites: our Honey Triple IPA. “Winnie The Brew”! This beauty is aggressively hopped and dangerously drinkable. Liberal amounts of Chinook, Centennial and Simcoe hops are the basis for a sticky, dank, piney, and resinous hop-bomb. A solid malt backbone and the addition of 120 pounds of raw Clover Honey round out the high hop intensity, bringing balance and a touch of sweetness. Available on tap or in crowlers to-go!
- Thursday, January 4th 6 pm-10 pm Carolina Beer Temple at Ayrsley. Sycamore Brewing Tap Takeover. Join us Thursday (Jan 4th) for the Sycamore Brewing Tap Takeover! We will be featuring several tasty beers from them and discounted pints and flights will be available all day long! The tap list is still being determined so please stay tuned! See you at the Temple!
- Friday, January 5th 6:30 pm-9 pm U.S. National Whitewater Center. River’s Edge Craft Dinner-Highland Brewing Co. Join us at River’s Edge for Craft Dinner, taking place Friday evenings from December 1st through February 9th. Enjoy a five-course dinner created by Executive Chef Michael Rayfield with a 6 oz. beer pairing for each course. Each night will feature a different regional brewery including New Sarum Brewing Company, Legion Brewing, Triple C Brewing Co., Sycamore Brewing, Highland Brewing Company, Legal Remedy Brewing Co., Birdsong Brewing Company, Lenny Boy Brewing Co., Sugar Creek Brewing Company, Wooden Robot Brewery.
- EVENT DETAILS:
Location: U.S. National Whitewater Center
Brewery: Highland Brewing Company
Price: $60 per person
Time: 6:30 -9:00 pm
Registration closes the day prior to each event at midnight
Vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options are available. Please select your dietary preference after selecting a date for registration.
Suitable for ages 21 and up
UPGRADE: CHEF’S TABLE
Upgraded experience featuring a chef-prepared meal inside the kitchen
Interact directly with the Chef to learn how each dish is created, how ingredients are sustainably sourced, and receive a kitchen tour
Price: $70 per person
Time: 6:30 -9:00 pm
http://usnwc.org/relax/adventure-dining/rivers-edge-craft-dinner/ For tickets usnwc.org
- Friday, January 5th 5 pm-8 pm Birdsong Tap Takeover. Duckworth’s Grill and Taphouse Park Rd. Ten great beers on tap along with SWAG giveaways!
Barrel Aged Prehistoric Dog
Rice Rice Baby
St Tuber Barrel Aged
Weasels on Woodpeckers
Paradise City Session IPA
- Saturday, January 6th 12 pm-9n pm Lenny BoyBrewing Co. Q & Brew Day: Korean BBQ, Beer, and Booch. Join us for our next Q & Brew Day at the Lenny Boy Brewing taproom.
A Bao Time will be serving some mouth-watering Korean BBQ, including bulgogi beef, Korean-style spinach and potatoes, and sweet peanut pancakes.
The smell alone will leave your mouth watering. Grab a plate and a brew, and stick around for FREE live music!
Scott Smith will be playing from 3 – 6 PM in the Taproom.
New Kombucha Release: Blue Lagoon (coconut blueberry)
We’ll see you there – cheers 🍻
- Monday, February 5th 6:30 pm-8:30 pm Sycamore Brewing. Charlotte Sushi at Sycamore Brewing (hosted by Birmingham Sushi Class) In this 2-hour, hands-on class, you’ll learn to make the perfect sushi rice, sauces you love from the sushi bar (from bang-bang to eel sauce), where to shop, what to buy and how to safely serve raw fish at home with confidence. Students receive two rolls each, and a take-home cheat sheet full of notes, tips and tricks, and more, so you won’t need to take notes. Tickets at http://www.BirminghamSushiClass.com.