Here are the news and events happening in and around the Charlotte, NC area!
- October 13th Friday 11 am-11 pm The Olde Mecklenburg Brewery Rein Stein Keller Pils Release. Every year, OMB brews the winning recipe of the Rein Stein Homebrewing Competition. 2017’s champion is Trey Lovelace – a first-time winner since OMB has partnered with Carolina Brewmasters. We’re excited to present Keller Pils on Friday, Oct. 13 with Trey. This new, limited Brauhaus Reserve is a rare German-style brew. It is similar to Captain Jack, but it’s unfiltered — meaning there will be a yeasty haze to the brew. The sapphire hops give it a kick unlike Jack as well. This brew is only available on tap at OMB. Learn more about Carolina Brewmasters at their website: http://www.carolinabrewmasters.com/index.php
- October 13th Friday 5 pm-10 pm Trackside Crafts Beer Release #1. oin us as we debut our very first beer, the Trackside Farmhouse Ale! Brewed in collaboration with Sugar Creek Brewing, we brewed a dry, phenolic saison then dry-hopped it with Citra hops. This 6.7% ABV farmhouse ale was a small batch beer so very limited bottles will be available, along with tapping a keg. It will ONLY be available at Sugar Creek & Trackside Crafts, so we look forward to getting your feedback on our first of many collab beers!
- October 14th Saturday 11 am-11 pm Sugar Creek Brewing is three years old, and we’re celebrating with a 3 Year Anniversary Belgian Beer Fest on Saturday, October 14 from 11 AM to 11 PM! We’ll have a special anniversary flight of Belgian beers (more on that below); a “Kids Zone” with a giant bounce house, games, and face-painting; a special appearance by the Charlotte Hornets mascot,Topgolf, and CrossFit Mecklenburg; live music with The Accidentals and two other local bands; and the Ultimate Craft Beer Lovers’ Giveaway featuring a YETI cooler filled with all the Sugar Creek swag you could ever want! To enter to win this giveaway, you can purchase a $5 giveaway ticket in the taproom ($1 of which will be donated to Michelle’s Mighty Mission, a fundraiser for The Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation) anytime between now and our anniversary celebration. We’ll announce the winner at 2:25 PM on October 14! Must be present to win. To get everyone excited for the celebration, we’ll be releasing one Belgian beer every day until the anniversary party starting on Monday, October 9 – see the beer release schedule below:
Monday 10/9: Brett Saison
Tuesday 10/10: Biere de Garde
Wednesday 10/11: Galaxy Dry-Hopped Brett Saison
Thursday 10/12: Oud Bruin
Friday 10/13: Citra Dry-Hopped Saison
On the day of the 3 Year Anniversary Belgian Beer Fest, we’ll be serving special Anniversary Flights featuring four specially brewed Belgian beers:
1) Belgian Singel – Father Franklin’s Patersbier
2) Belgian Dubbel – Sugar Creek Dubbel
3) Belgian Tripel – Atmosphera Tripel
4) Belgian Quad – Sugar Creek XV
- October 14th Saturday 12 pm-11 pm Sycamore Year Anniversary. cheers to 3 YEARS! Thank you, Charlotte for your support! To show you how much we appreciate you – we want to throw one hell of a party!
Special beer releases, giveaways, 2 stages with live music, 5 food trucks! It’s going down!!Tag a friend for a chance to win a 3-year anniversary tee + koozie + a case of beer!!!
Live music by:
Swim In the Wild
Late Night Special and more. Food by:
Papi Queso Food Truck
Gyro Twins Truck