Here are this week’s happenings in the Charlotte, North Carolina area!
- Wednesday, March 27th. Crowned Sparrow Co.: craftXcraft | Carry Your Beer. Legion Brewing Co. 6:30 pm=9 pm. Tickets at eventbrite.com. Get an early start to celebrating Craft Beer Week and join us at Legion Brewing to make your own custom Beer Caddy! It’s the perfect size to take home your favorite beers this week, whether it’s six bottles or two crowlers! Choose your own paints and stains, as well as from four different designs at check-out to customize your piece! Everything you’ll need to make your own beer caddy is included in this class! In this class you’ll learn:
– Basic construction techniques for building your caddy.
– How to work with paints and stains to get full coverage on your piece.
– How to work with vinyl stencils to get crisp, clear lines and a sharp image!
Legion Brewing will have their delicious craft beer on tap and available for purchase, as well as their in-house menu of tasty eats!
- Wednesday, March 27th. NOLA Brewing Co. Release Party. Flying Saucer. 6 pm- 12 pm. We are welcoming this sought after brewery to Charlotte by tapping up some of their great beers.
– 7th Street Wheat
– Hoppyright Infringement IPA
– Dreaded Sour Ale
– Hopback Cadillac Imperial IPA
– Wild Gose
- Thursday, March 28th. IPA Series Release: Gravity Rides Double IPA. Birdsong Brewing Co. 3 pm -10 pm. The IPA Series continues throughout 2019 and just in time for Charlotte Craft Beer Week we’re excited to bring you the next brew in the series: Gravity Rides Double IPA!
Join us for this limited release brew on Thursday, 3/28/19 at 3pm!
Mosaic | Chinook | Idaho 7
Hop heads rejoice! We chose the brightest and best hops for this juicy, piney Double IPA. Inspired by our favorite West Coast IPA styles, Gravity Rides has strong orange citrus and pineapple aromatics with a
hint of grassiness for a smooth, hop forward drinking experience.
You can expect to see a very limited amount of Gravity Rides hitting fine retail establishments the week of 4/1/19.
- Friday, March 28th. Catawba Brewing and Bold Rock Picnic Party & PB&J Eating Contest. Flight. 6 pm-9 pm. Do you love Peanut Butter and Jelly?
Do you love beer?
Help us celebrate the release of our Peanut Butter Jelly Time beer into the market at Flight Beer Garden and Music Hall.
We will be having a PBJ eating contest starting around 7 pm, and the winner will receive an awesome prize pack presented by Catawba Brewing and Bold Rock Cider!
Contest rules will be as follows: The person who finishes the most “Uncrustable” PBJ sandwiches in 4 minutes is the winner. All participants will receive a pint of Peanut Butter Jelly Time Brown Ale with their entry fee. Entry into this contest will be $10 (cash only, please!)
All proceeds will be donated to the Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina. Participants and guests are also encouraged to bring non-perishable food items to be donated directly to this charity.
Come out stuff your face with PBJ and drink for a good cause!
- Friday, March 28th. NoDa Bandito Release. NoDa Brewing Co. 3 pm-10 pm. Join us tonight for the NoDa Bandito Release Fiesta on the patio (or inside) for a few pints of our favorite Mexican Style Lager (4.9% ABV) and plenty of tacos from TIN Kitchen.
- Saturday, March 30th. Burgers, Brews, and Buds Festival. Legion Brewing. 12 pm-6 pm. We’re kicking off Charlotte Craft Beer week with our annual Burgers, Brews and Buds Festival! The parking lot will be filled with live music, vendors, new merchandise, fresh-grilled burgers from a local farm, and of course cold beer. This is a free, family-friendly and dog-friendly (outside only) event, so bring the whole crew!
PLUS, we’ll be releasing our new Blood Orange Juicy Jay IPA at the festival – don’t miss it!
- Saturday & Sunday, March 30th & 31st. Triple Can Release. Wooden Robot. TRIPLE CAN RELEASE! SATURDAY 03.30.19 AT NOON
Join us Saturday, March 30th for the Triple Can Release of Pilmatic, DDH Mosaic & Double Juice Island!
Can Release Details:
Pilmatic – Pilsner: $12 (+ tax)
DDH Mosaic – Double Dry Hopped IPA: $14 (+ tax)
Double Juice Island – Double IPA: $16 (+ tax)
Sold in 4-packs (16oz) – No individual cans
Sales will commence in the main bar at noon.
* These beers cannot be consumed on premise *
We will not be distributing these beers! Cans will be sold through our Taproom Only!
Cans are available for pre-sale below:
This beer will be FRESH! We will have a limited quantity of all three beers on draft. Come party with us!
- Tuesday, April 2nd. Sour Tap TOWER Takeover. NoDa Brewing Company. 4 pm-9 pm. Our sour beers are coming back to life on Tuesday, April 2nd, in celebration of Charlotte Craft Beer Week! These brews will be taking over our sidebar for you sour beer fanatics. No tickets are required for this event!
Here’s the line-up:
1. Boba Brett | 6.7% ABV
American wild ale that serves as the base beer for a number of our sour offerings. Aged for a year in oak foeders with a complex blend of Brettanomyces, Lactobacillus, and pediococcus. With notes of tropical fruit, melon, barnyard funk, and tartness, this beer was the beginning of our sour program.
2. Lacto Calrissian | 6.5% ABV
Golden Sour Ale brewed with 100% local Epiphany malt, NC Triticale (hybrid wheat/rye malt), and oats. Aged in an oak foeder for a year on a special blend of Lactobacillus and Brettanomyces. Lactic tartness reigns over a complex farmhouse funk.
3. Berliner Weisse | 3.5% ABV
Our take on a classic Berliner, brewed with spelt and fermented on a mixed culture of Brettanomyces and Lactobacillus, giving it some barnyard funk with a tropical, fruity tartness.
4. Welcome to the Farmhouse | 5.3%
Farmhouse Ale brewed with spelt (an ancient grain), refermented on the blackberries and brett culture used for our Blackberry Boba Brett bottle release in 2018. Complex fruit and barnyard notes.
5. Pour L’amour | 6.2% ABV
Saison brewed with NC Triticale and torrefied wheat malt. Aged for a year in oak barrels on a blend of Brettanomyces. Crisp with pure farmhouse funk.
6. Crandaddy | 6.2% ABV
Saison brewed with Epiphany malt and aged for a year in wine barrels on Brettanomyces, then refermented on cranberry puree.
7. Lupulin Farm | 6.2% ABV
Saison brewed with Epiphany malt and aged for a year in wine barrels on Brettanomyces, then dry hopped with one pound per barrel each of Citra and Hallertau Blanc.
8. Ancient Funk | 5.2% ABV
Saison brewed with spelt, an ancient species of wheat cultivated since approximately 5000 BC. Aged for a year in oak barrels on Brettanomyces.
We don’t host these classic sour favorites often, so we hope you are able to come by and experience this unique event. We’ll also be selling Boba Brett glasses as well as t-shirts!