Here are this week’s news and events happening in the Charlotte, North Carolina area!
- Thursday, February 6th, Limited Release: Purple Rain Blueberry Strawberry Sour! Birdsong Brewing Company. 3 pm-10 pm. The people have spoken!! We brewed a small batch of Purple Rain Sour with Blueberries and Strawberries back in December and the positive feedback was so overwhelming that we decided to make a big batch and throw it in cans! We hope you can join us for this limited release of Purple Rain on draft and in cans on 2/6/20 at 3p!
Fabulous and funky, Purple Rain is a smooth American Sour Ale with blueberries and strawberries. With big berry notes and a hint of effervescence, this beer is juicy on the palate with a pleasant, clean finish.
- Thursday, February 6th. Sangria Zombie Release. Catawba Brewing Company. 3 pm-10 pm. A twist on an old classic! (Draft ONLY)
Try a Zombie Flight today!
- Thursday, February 6th. CCCerveza Mexican Lager Release. Triple C Brewing Company. 4 pm-10 pm. Our traditional Mexican Amber lager is the result of a renewed focus on lager brewing. This Mexican-influence recipe features a lager strain from a well know Mexican brewery, a grain bill of primarily Vienna malt and flaked corn. This lager pours a copper-amber color with a fluffy white head. Aromas of clean malt character with a hint of corn and caramel. Medium-bodied with a balanced sweetness. Crisp and easy to drink!
- Friday, February 7th. Dual Tap Takeover Featuring Resident Culture/High Branch. The Hobbyist. 5 pm-10 pm. Don’t miss out on having two amazing local breweries taking over the taps at The Hobbyist. Featuring Resident Culture Brewing Company and High Branch Brewing Co.– each bringing 3 kegs PLUS their fresh collaboration!
Starting at 5pm and going until close.
Also, free, live music every Friday and Saturday night- Jay Mathey will be playing Friday, Feb 7th!
Delicious tacos are available from at Chillito Tacos!
**Draft list will be updated as we get the info **
*HIGH CULTURE* – 8% Hazy DIPA Resident Culture / High Branch Collab – Hopped with Mosaic, Simcoe, and Galaxy
– Resident Culture –
*OVER SOUL* – 7% DDH NE IPA featuring Strata and Citra Hops
*SLEEPING ON THE BLACKTOP – Other Half Collab
9.5 % Hazy Triple IPA DDH w/ Citra, Simcoe, and HBC 692 Hops
*BEAUTY HAS IT HARD – Other Half Collab
3.5% Rustic Table Lager featuring aged hops and Mandarina Bavaria
– High Branch –
*BOSSMAN* (w/ Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Vanilla, and Marshmallow)
10.2% Imperial Milk Stout **QCBF Best In Show Award Winner!!
*HERE WE GO*
8.3% DIPA Double Dry Hopped w/ Centennial, Azacca, and Citra Hops
*Plus One final Draft Selection*
- Friday, February 7th. Small Batch Release: Cran Eye for the Orange Guy. Red Clay Ciderworks. 3 pm-11 pm. Cran Eye For The Orange Guy is coming back on draft and in CANS!
This semi-dry, semi-tart cranberry cider is infused with orange zest, fennel, and just a touch of coriander.
- Saturday, February 8th. Release Day Bottle/Can Share. The Barrel Room at Triple C. 11 am- 12 pm. Join us across the street in The Barrel Room at Triple C an hour before the Chocolate Covered Pretzel Stout Release for a bottle and can share! Bring a buddy and a beer to share. We will have plenty of glasses, ice and seating ready.
- Saturday, February 8th, Goin’ Donuts! Chocolate Stout Can Release Party! Sycamore Brewing. 12 pm-11 pm. A baker’s dozen, fresh out of the oven, and all of the donuts knew. Time for the party, so into the mash, with coffee and chocolate, too! Fresh @SuarezBakery donuts AND @BeachShackCoffee will be dancing their way into this batch! See you on 2/8.
- Tuesday, February 11th. Chocolate and Beer Pairing. The Unknown Brewing Company. 7 pm-8:30 pm. Tickets at eventbrite.com for $25. Chocolate and beer are a match made in heaven….. and there is an art of pairing them correctly.
Join certified chocolate expert Dr. Jessica Henderson learning about craft chocolate and the guidelines of how to pair chocolate and beer.
Come experience how sweet and bitter come together to create some amazing and interesting taste combinations.
After we cover the “rules” we will try some adventurous and unconventional pairs and experiment to determine what YOU like best.
Try something new – indulge the senses – and have fun with us.
$25 per person
Reservation Link coming soon.