here are this week’s news and events happening in the Charlotte, North Carolina area!
- Thursday, October 3rd. Bier – Geman Pilsner release. Triple C Brewing Company. 4 pm-10 pm. This German Pilsner pours a translucent straw color with a fluffy white head. Aromas of whole grain bread crust and a touch of hop spice character hit the nose. The flavor follows on the palate with balanced malt sweetness and subtle hop bite from Saphir hops. Crisp, dry finish and medium-bodied. 5.4% ABV.
- Thursday, October 2nd Olde Mecklenburg Beer Dinner. Tupelo Honey. 6:30 pm-9:30 pm. Tickets $45 at eventbrite.com. Tupelo Honey is partnering with Charlotte-based brewery Olde Mecklenburg for a four-course beer dinner on October 3rd!
This is a special menu featuring unique dishes created especially to pair with OMB’s delicious craft beers.
In addition, an Olde Mecklenburg Brewery representative will be in attendance to share information about each pairing.
Tickets are $45 per person and include all four scratch-made courses and beer pairings.
Space is limited so purchase your tickets now!
– Beer Cheese Mac & Cheese Bites
– Paired with: Dusseldorf Altbier
– Beer-Braised Pork topped with fresh chimichurri over mixed greens
– Paired with: BA Anniversary Altbier
– Boneless Beer-Brined Fried Chicken with black peppercorn gravy
– Paired with: Vienna Lager
– Beer Battered Fish and Chips with Meyer lemon aioli
– Paired with: 704 Citrus
– Chocolate Mousse with beer foam whipped cream
– Paired with: Baltic Porter
This event is limited to guests aged 21+.
- Friday, October 4th. Sticky When Wet Release. NoDa Brewing Company. 2 pm-10 pm. Sticky When Wet is as fresh and sticky as it can possibly get! 🙌🏻This wet-hopped beer has an assertive bitterness balanced with bright aroma and flavors of peach and grapefruit derived from heavy additions of Citra and Mosaic hops. Sitting at 6.31% ABV, this brew is one you don’t want to miss. Dry-hopped with three pounds per barrel of Citra and Mosaic. 🍻
Fun fact: these hops are shipped overnight to us from the west coast as soon as they are picked and we use them within an hour or two of receiving. Talk about fresh. 🤤
- Friday, October 4th. First Firkin’ Friday. Pilot Brewing 6 pm- 9 pm. October’s First Friday will feature our new artist of the month, Chris Hood, as well as, music from Lenny The Band, and a 100% vegan dinner by Ve-Go Food Truck.
The Firkin is an Island Hopper dry-hopped with experimental hops from HOPSTEINER. This new beer will have aromas of orange, citrus, pine, mint and tropical fruits. $1 from every pint sold will benefit Classroom Central.
Joint Hopper will be on site with awesome CBD products.
- Saturday, October, 5th. PumkingFest. Brewers at 4001 Yancy. 11 am-11 am. join us at Brewers at 4001 Yancey for Pumkingfest 2019 to celebrate your favorite Pumking beer & other fall favorites.
🏆 Corn Hole
🎃 Pumking Ring Toss
🎃 Pumpkin tic tac toe
🎃 Pumking Food Specials!
👑🎃 Pumking throne!
🎃 500 ML To-Go Pumking on special for $7
- Saturday, October 5th, Can Release: S’mores: Blonde Ale. Blue Blaze Brewing 2 pm-7 pm. Back by popular demand .. We are re-releasing S’mores Blonde Ale in cans and on draft in an exclusively small batch! (Limit 2 case per person)
Made with real cocoa nibs & vanilla beans, this Smores Blonde Ale packs rich notes of chocolate & vanilla, while maintaining a medium body. The biscuit malt gives way to hints of lightly toasted graham crackers. With just one sip you’ll be taken back to memories of roasting marshmallows around a crackling campfire.
Live Music – Nathan Davis
Food Truck – Food Geeks and King of Pops
- Tuesday, October 8th. AIGA Beer & Branding – Winning Peach Beer. NoDa Brewing Company. 5 pm-9 pm. Join us on Tuesday, October 8th at 5 pm for a special release and the annual AIGA Beers & Branding Showcase. It’s going to be a peachy time. 🍑
The combined efforts & creativity of local designers & homebrewers are finally revealed vis a vis their branding packages & beer samples.
-$5 wristband, at the door, grants you access to a large variety of samples.
– The expertly judged winning beer will be released on tap at 4:00 pm.
– Sampling begins at 5:00 pm.
Get a pint of our 2019 AIGA Beers & Branding winning brew, along with so many others to enjoy! It gets better. Thanks to the designers involved, there will be thoughtfully curated swag available that commemorates each beer. 🙌🏻See you then!