Here are this week’s news and events happening in and around the Charlotte, NC area.
- Wednesday, September 12th. Cousins Maine Lobster at Red Clay Ciderworks for Trivia Night. 6 pm-8 pm. Red Clay Ciderworks. Cousins Maine Lobster, as seen on ABC’s Shark Tank, will be at Red Clay Ciderworks for Trivia Night on Sept. 12 from 6-8pm. Come early, stay late, drink cider and eat lobster.
- Wednesday, September 12. Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest Sampling. 6 pm-8 pm. Duckworth’s Grill & Taphouse Park Rd. Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest Sampling – Oktoberfest, Kellerweis & Pale Ale on draft! We will have a rep on hand for sampling and giveaways like Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest Mugs.
Best of all, we’re celebrating Sierra Nevada with $4 Oktoberfest and a Text 2 Win contest for two tickets to Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest in Mills River!
- Thursday, September 13th. Passion Fruit Gose. 4 pm-9 pm. Lenny Boy Brewing Co. Passion Fruit Gose has been one of our most popular wild ales – so we decided to can some of this batch for the first time.
Passionfruit Gose is a wheat ale, sour’d and blended with heaps of passionfruit to give the beer a memorable fruity and slightly tart finish. 4.8% ABV.
These cans will be available for purchase at the Taproom on September 13th – 4-packs are $12.99.
You’ll see these cans in grocery stores, bottle shops, and retailers soon after the release 🍻
- Friday, September 14th. Cheese and Cider Pairing. 7 pm-8:30 pm. Red Clay Ciderworks. Tickets $20.79 @ eventbrite.com. Red Clay Ciderworks and Orrman’s Cheese Shop are joining forces to bring you a sensational night of cheese and cider pairings! Cider maker Jay Bradish and cheese expert Rachel Klebaur will be on hand to walk you through four different pairings, each with their own delectable panache.
Seating for this event is limited, so don’t wait to purchase your ticket!
Ticket holders please check in at the bar upon arrival.
- Friday, September 14th. King Don’s Pumpkin Ale Release. 12 pm-11 pm. Catawba Brewing Company. The King is returning!
- Saturday, September 15th, Blinded By The Light Kolsch. 12 pm-10 pm. Triple C Brewing Company. Blinded By The Light is a light, easy drinking Kolsch with a crisp, clean finish and hint of fruitiness.
New Wrap Order food truck will be in the house and Pluto for Planet playing live outside from 5-8
Pints and crowlers for sale.
- Saturday, September 15th. Pucker Up! 9 am-11 pm. Temple Mojo. Join us on Saturday, September 15th, for Pucker Up! A sour beer event with Lenny Boy Brewing.
We will be featuring 4 of their sour ales on tap all day long and they are ones you don’t want to miss!
A rep will be out in the early afternoon to hang out and answer all your questions about their sour program.
– Passionfruit Gose
– Peach Please
– Berliner Vine with Muscadine Grapes
– Berliner Vine with Scuppernong Grapes
See you out there!
- Monday, September 17th. Oktoberfest Release. NoDa Brewing Company. 4 pm -9 pm. We’re honoring the best beer celebration in the world, Oktoberfest, by releasing our Oktoberfest beer, a Märzen Lager, during the first week of Germany’s festival. Plus, we’re even canning our brew this year (and selling some matching steins)!
Our 6.3% ABV, full-bodied Märzen Lager is brewed with German Bach yeast, German malts (Vienna, Munich, and Pilsner), and, you guessed it, German hops. Celebrating Oktoberfest is easy with this brew’s light amber color, malt-forward taste, and crisp finish.
While you’re here, enjoy dinner from TIN Kitchen and grab some cans to-go.
- Tuesday, September 18th. Town Brown Beer Tasting. 5:30pm. Wesley Village Apartments. Town Brewing will be holding a “tasting” at our complex September 18, at 5:30 to promote their grand opening! Make sure to stop by and figure out what your favorite brew will be!