Here are this week’s news and event happening in the Charlotte, North Carolina area!
- Wednesday, May 16th. Beer School. Carolina Beer Temple Matthews. 7 pm-8:30 pm. Class is in session! Our very own Adam Glover (Head Brewer at Seaboard Brewing – Taproom – Wine Bar) will be hosting our next session of Beer School on Wednesday, May 16th at 7pm!
Each Beer School session will focus on one style of beer (but we may shake things up occasionally). We will have 4 examples of that style on-tap. The topics include Introduction To & History Of The Style, Brewing Process, Brewery Examples, Sampling, and Q&A. We plan on getting eclectic kegs from small breweries across the state for Beer School sessions whenever possible (when we do, you will be the first to taste it!). And, whenever possible, we will bring in a guest brewer to co-host the session with Adam!
This coming session’s topic is still TBD so stay tuned!
Tickets are just $20 (paid in advance) and include a flight of the 4 beers from the session, a 12oz draft of your choice of one of the 4 beers and 1.5 hours of Adam’s schoolin’!
Attendance is limited – please stop by the Carolina Beer Temple or give us a call to purchase your tickets for just $20. They are sure to go fast!
- Wednesday, May 16th. NoDa Pint Night at WOB (World of Beer). World of Beer Charlotte Epicenter. 6 pm-9 pm. Come help us support our local Brewery of the Month, NoDa Brewing company! They are a great partner and have provided some awesome brews including their Passionfruit Gose!
- Thursday, May 17th. Wise Man Brewing/Fiddlin’ Fish Brewing! Carolina Beer Temple Arysley. 6 pm-10 pm. Join us Thursday (May 17th) for a Fiddlin’ Fish Brewing Company/ Wise Man Brewing joint Tap Takeover! We will be featuring several tasty beers from them and discounted pints and flights will be available all day long!
Updated Tap List:
From Fiddlin’ Fish:
Ardmore Amber Ale
Vanilla Coffee Porter
From Wise Man:
Shape Shifter – Coffee Blonde
Chasing Happiness – Hefeweizen
Pie on the Weekend – Blueberry DIPA
See you this Thursday at the Temple!
- Thursday, May 17th. Pups & Brews at Pop the Top. Pop the Top Craft Bottle Shop. 6 pm-9 pm. RescuedMe invites you out to Pop the Top Craft Beer Shop for an evening of pups & brews. Come meet our rescue pups & enjoy some of our very own festival brew crafted by Triple C Brewing Company. New to our festival is the Pet Wants Charlotte: The Urban Feed Store pup playland & when you attend this event you will get a sneak peek into this fun festival addition.
- Friday, May 18th. Southern Soul Food & Cider. Red Clay Ciderworks. 7:30 pm-9 pm. Tickets http://www.eventbrite.com. The Gourmand Chef and Red Clay Ciderworks are pairing up to bring you their locally made cider and dynamic small plates of delectableness! This is a fun night of socializing and noshing you won’t want to miss (see line-up below)!
This is a ticketed event ONLY, so don’t wait to get your seat. Ticket holders please check in at the bar upon arrival.
1st Course: Assorted Southern Hors D Oeuvres | Pimento Cheese | House Pickles | Deviled Ham | Boiled Peanuts
2nd Course: Buttermilk Fried Chicken | Beans | Corn | Black Eyed Peas | Butter Lettuce | Real Buttermilk Ranch
3rd Course: Grilled NC Shrimp | Jimmy Red Corn Grits | Tasso Ham | Peppers & Onions | Creamy Gravy
4th Course: BBQ Glazed Pork Belly | Collards | Field Peas | Cornbread
5th Course: Crispy Bread Pudding | Peach | Pecan | Bourbon Caramel
- Friday, May 18th. 5th Year Anniversary Hoppy Hour. Stoke Charlotte. 6 pm-9 pm. Let’s celebrate our 5th birthday with a Hoppy Hour curated by Chef-Chris Coleman and our friends the NCBeerGuys. Plus, we will be joined by the live music of River Ratz & our the RescuedMe Hops Fest brew crafted byTriple C Brewing Company.
- Saturday, May 19th. Bottle Release Réserve Blanc. Wooden Robot Brewery. 10 am-11:59 am. The exclusive bottle release of Réserve Blanc – Sour Golden Ale Aged in Sauvignon Blanc Barrels
Saturday, May 19th at 10am
Doors will open at 10am and bottle sales will commence in the Kre8 Gastropub. We have a limited quantity of small pours on draft for on-site consumption in the Wooden Robot taproom (5oz. for $6)
Please keep in mind, like our other Reserve Series Releases, there is a very limited quantity of this bottle!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
This sour golden ale was aged for over a year in Sauvignon Blanc barrels. Fruity esters and funky Brett aromatics balance rich wine barrel notes. Lightly carbonated to preserve the delicate wine barrel character of the beer. Unfiltered and bottle conditioned, so please pour carefully.
__ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
$20 (+tax) per 500mL bottle
Limit 4 bottles per person
Cheers, see you all on Saturday 05.19!
- Saturday, May 19th-20th. Meck Dec Day! Carolina Beer Temple Arysley. We’re throwing together a special Meck Dec Day tap list this year to celebrate the ORIGINAL (maybe) declaration of independence made in the 13 colonies during the American Revolution.
The Mecklenburg Declaration of Independence was written and signed on May 20th, 1775 by a committee of citizens of Mecklenburg County, who declared independence from Great Britain after hearing of the battle of Lexington. If the story is true, the Mecklenburg Declaration preceded the United States Declaration of Independence by more than a year.
Although the authenticity of this declaration is hard to prove what’s not disputed is how awesome the Mecklenburg craft beer scene is! Come on by this Saturday and let’s stay crafty Meck heads!
NoDa Brewing Company | 1775 | Pale Ale
The Olde Mecklenburg Brewery | Captain Jack | Pilsner
The Olde Mecklenburg Brewery | Hornet’s Nest | Hefeweizen
Catawba Brewing Co. – Charlotte, NC | CLT | IPA
- Sunday, May 20th, Adoption Event at Birdsong Brewery. Birdsong Brewing Co. 1 pm-4 pm. Come meet our adoptable dogs at Birdsong on May 20th from 1-4 pm!
- Tuesday, May 22nd. Woody & Wilcox’s Hop Experiment Party! NoDa Brewing Company. 5 pm-7 pm. Join us for The The Woody and Wilcox Show‘s Hop Experiment Party (formerly known as Beer Club)! As always, a surprise will be awaiting anyone that joins us, and TIN Kitchen will be on the premises serving up delicious dinner!
Never been? Not to worry! Anyone (21+) is free to swing by and join in on the fun. See below for a list of upcoming Hop Experiment Party dates:
– Tuesday, June 19
– Tuesday, July 17
– Tuesday, August 21
- Tuesday, May 22nd. NoDable Release: Pineapple Lime Gose. NoDa Brewing Company. 4 pm-9 pm. Every single week, we release a brand new “NoDable” beer on Tuesday! This week’s new NoDable is Pineapple Lime Gose, a refreshingly tart brew that’s perfect for the summer.
While you’re here, be sure to try a few of our 25+ brews and some TIN Kitchen for dinner. And, don’t forget you can take this week’s NoDable and many of our other beers to-go in a crowler!